Monday 28 March 2011

28/03/11

Saturday’s run turned out to be 25.2 km and it took me 2h19:45 which is the right pace for a sub four hour marathon and I didn’t feel absolutely exhausted at the end. However next time I don’t think I’ll be having a Chinese the night before! I could definitely have done with more carbs and less grease. That was the furthest I’ve ever run and I’ve only run that distance once before. The next day I was in a lot less pain than the last time which must mean that I’m fitter. I’m hoping to push it even further next weekend and go for 30-32 km but everyone seems to say that there is no need to run further than about 20 miles in training. I’m really looking forward to the marathon now!

The clocks went forward at the weekend which is great because it means I can start running around the Racecourse Park in the evenings again, that gives me more scope for varying the training runs a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment