Monday 14 March 2011

14/03/11

The Knowle Park 10km went really well, I came in the top 100 and got round in 47:05 which was very good, it would definitely have been quicker if it hadn’t been for the slippery, muddy sections in which I had to be careful not to come a cropper. However once on the harder ground I was able to really open the taps. I’m sure that if the whole race had been on the road I would have beaten my PB, but as it is I will have to wait until the Northampton 10km in September to see how quick I can go. I would really love to go under 40 minutes and also to get my half-marathon time under 1:40, I think those will be my goals to focus on once this marathon is out of the way. I have found that having a goal to achieve and a date by which I would like to achieve it is an important motivating factor.

I had run the quickest 5km of the year on Saturday morning, 23:15, and then to follow it up with the fastest 10km of the year the next day was great. I hardly ache at all today and I’m looking forward to this week’s running.

No comments:

Post a Comment