Tuesday 22 March 2011

22/03/11

I had an odd run last night, I went out with the intention of doing 13km at just under 50 minute 10km pace. 13km is five laps of the park so that’s roughly 12 minutes 30 per lap, after the first lap I was about 25 seconds off pace which annoyed me as I felt that I was going quite quickly. The second lap was 35 seconds off pace even though I was sure that I had pushed on and run faster, after the third lap I had gained 10 seconds but was still down. So I opened the taps a bit and strode out a bit more and by the end of the fourth lap I was about 10 seconds up, during the fifth lap I really went for it and pushed even harder and when I checked my watch at the end I was a 47 seconds up and had finished in 01:01:42 which is a PB! I was buzzing when I got home and felt like I could have gone out and run the same again.

I feel ok this morning if a little stiff and I’m going to the gym tonight for intervals and Powerplate which should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment