Thursday 3 March 2011

04/03/11

I had a really good run on Tuesday night, 5 laps of the park or 13km in 1:02:26 which is a PB over that distance for that course. That pace is fast in comparison to other runs around the same course recently because although I count one lap as 2.5km in reality it’s 2.6km which means five laps is exactly 13km. It does become a little boring running around the same track all the time, I’m going to have to work out some other routes for the longer runs.

I didn’t ache very much the next day, except for a little in the thighs but nothing too bad so I went to the gym for 5km of interval training. I was doing 500m blocks at various speeds and elevations after which I did a few weights. The following day I was planning to go out for an 11km but I was far too tired having been up before 5. I’m planning to go out for a little run tonight in the freezing cold, it’s dropped back down to 2-3 degrees which may mean that I have to break out the running leggings again. I’ll have to wait until it’s dark though because I do look a total arse wearing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment