Tuesday 8 March 2011

08/03/11

08/03/11

18km last night! Longest run of the year and in a respectable 01:33:08 which equates to a half marathon time of about 01:50, not bad at all.

18km is seven laps around the Abington Park and two more than I had ever run around that course, so I didn’t set out with the intention of running that far. I just kept focussing on the next lap, after I had run three laps that meant that there was only 10km to go and I’ve run so many of those that psychologically I’m already halfway there. I think that for the marathon I’ll need to compartmentalise the race into a number of stages of a certain distance. For example the marathon is 42 km so that’s four 10kms and just under one lap of the park. Easy!

My legs hurt a little bit today but not nearly as badly as I feared last night, so I think as it’s going to be -7°C tonight I’ll do some interval training and powerplate at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment