Monday 21 March 2011

21/03/11

I went to the gym on Wednesday and did 6km of intervals and then an extra 1km of running progressively quickly, followed by a few weights. It seems to have taken longer than it did last year for the new year’s resolution people to stop coming but things seem to be more back to normal now. I didn’t have to wait too long to get on a treadmill and there were definitely fewer confused people wandering about.

On Thursday night I had a decent 10km run which took 49:21 which I wasn’t too unhappy with. I felt good most of the way round and at the end. I also noticed that I am burning off less calories to run the same distance, obviously this has in part to do with the fact that it is taking less time but also I think because I am getting fitter.

Friday was a interesting run, I had arrived at work at 06:30 so that I could leave early and I managed 19.6km in 1h:48:40 which equates to a marathon time of 3h:54. If I managed that I would be over the moon as apart from actually finishing, the sub four hour target is the biggest one. The other important part of that run was that I managed to keep my heart rate below 150 for the entire thing, that’s important because it means that I can continue running for longer before getting tired. I’m going to have a go at doing 25km this Saturday and see how that goes, again trying to keep the speed down and the heart rate below 150.

Tonight the plan is to go for a normal 13km aiming to come in under 1h:03.

No comments:

Post a Comment