Monday 28 February 2011

27/02/2011

Well BMF waited another day before biting me in the posterior, on Thursday I was in all kinds of pain in muscles I obviously don’t use that often. Clearly I don’t use the crawling through the mud muscles often enough!
I only ran 5km on Thursday night, I was in pain and didn’t want to injure myself. Mind you I did get round in 24:26 so that was quite pleasing.

I had planned a gym session on Friday but my thighs were aching from all those Davinas on Wednesday so although I did go I only ran a gentle 2km on the treadmill and then had a swim. Before swimming I spent a minute on the Powerplate which took away all the pain in my legs, it looks like Monday’s will become gym days to help my legs recover from Sunday’s long run.

On Saturday I went to Birmingham to watch Villa destroy Blackburn 4-1 but managed to get a cheeky little 5km in before going. It was rainy and miserable and as a result I thought that I was not running particularly fast however by the end I had run a year’s best of 23:51 so I was pretty pleased.

I nearly didn’t go out at all on Sunday as a combination of weather and having lots of things to do seemed to be conspiring against me, however I did get out in the end and I was very pleased that I did. I ran 14km in a pretty slow 01:12:30 but that’s quite a bit faster than I need to run to go under four hours for the marathon. Now all I need to do is up the mileage every Sunday from now until May.

Today I’m not aching too much at all and I think 10km tonight is probably on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment