Monday 14 February 2011

14/02/2011

I don’t usually run on a Friday, however I felt that giving the knee another go to see how it felt was in order so out I went and ended up running 10km in 52:30, which is ok and more importantly the knees were ok. There was the odd little twinge but nothing too bad and also there was no pain the next day either. I think I’ll start running every Friday from now on as it made me feel that I had earned the curry and Guinness that I had afterwards!

On Saturday I went to the gym for the first time in a good while, I had tried to go in January but had utterly forgotten that in January it is full of newbies who have made new year’s resolutions to get fit. They wander around the gym aimlessly trying each piece of equipment for a few minutes not really sure what to do with themselves. Saturday afternoons however are usually quite empty, I did 5km of intervals with a mixture of elevations and speeds followed by some weights and then a 1km warm down.

As of today I have been with the girl that I love for four years, she is the reason that I'm running this marathon and tomorrow I'll post about my perception and understanding of her ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment