Friday 18 February 2011

18/02/2011

I was planning to try 13km last night but I was aching more than I had expected after the second lap and decided not to push it as I want to go for a long run on Sunday. So I stopped after 5km and got round in 24:51 which is the fastest time this year so that’s ok. I will probably try and get out tonight and then perhaps a small gym session on Saturday.
It’s funny how little things can affect how well a run goes, last night I was pissed off because the British Military Fitness people were all standing on the pavement. They seemed annoyed that I was running toward them and that they might have to get out of the way. I’m sure if that hadn’t happened I would have pushed on for at least another lap. I’m sure I train better when there are no people around at all but I need the faster people ahead of me when I’m racing.

On the subject of British Military Fitness, I’ve just signed up for a free hour’s session which should be interesting. However it’s far too expensive to consider and not what I need in terms of training but it will help to mix up next week’s training and a night of fitness rather than a run will be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment