Thursday 17 February 2011

17/02/2011

I had an excellent 10km last night, I got round in 50:01 and obviously I was pissed off that I was so close to sub 50 but as the actual distance is 10.2 km so that’s ok. I felt good after the first lap and the second, there was a little pain after the third and I had to push myself through the fourth and I was pretty tired at the end. However I feel ok this morning, there’s a bit of pain in the thighs and a little stiffness but other than that I’m fine. It’s a good sign that I have been able to bring the time down in just three weeks from 54:30 to 50:01, I can’t help but wonder if I’ve got any chance of beating my PB on the 13th of March. That would mean improving by a further six minutes…

I love that feeling when you know you’re covering the ground faster than you have before or for a while. At the first 2.5km split last night I was ten seconds up and over the course of the next three laps I only lost 11 seconds which is really good. The music is definitely important, I have been playing the middle hour of the playlist recently and nearly every song has a faster beat than the first hour. I’m going to have to construct an epic playlist for the marathon as it’s got to keep me motivated for the four hours!

I may try 13km tonight depending on how I feel after lap four.

No comments:

Post a Comment