Wednesday 23 February 2011

22/02/2011

22/02/2011

Finally! Last night I managed to do 10km in under 50 minutes, 49:51 and although I was definitely feeling a bit tired at the end I was elated. That’s given me a real boost, although it’s only ten seconds faster than I have run this year psychologically it’s an important barrier to break. I’m still wondering how close I can get to my PB on the 13 of March…

I do ache a bit today and the there was some tightness in the right calf during yesterday’s run but I gave it a good stretching when I got home and it seems ok today. I’ve also started doing squats with my 20kg bar bell after running as well as in the morning as I’ve got to strengthen the muscles around my knees to protect them as I increase the length of my runs.

I’m quite looking forward to my free British Military Fitness class tonight, it should be an interesting experience if nothing else and I think that the cold and wet weather is kind of apt. I wonder what the other people will be like, it’s a bit late in the season to still have the post Christmas / New Year’s resolution people.

No comments:

Post a Comment