Thursday 10 February 2011

10/02/2010

I ran a good 10k yesterday in 52:30 which is the best this year and only leaves me with 7 minutes 39 seconds to knock off to get back to PB! Whether that it possible between now and the Knowle Park 10k remains to be seen but there’s plenty of time to go so we’ll see how close I can get.

However more important is that there are just 87 days until the marathon so I think the first long run for several months beckons this weekend. Which means that a new playlist may well be in order or just a new collection of songs to shuffle through. It appears that a combination of Congolese, Hip-hop, Metal, Rock and Dance provides the best motivation. These include, in no particular order:

• Themes from Rocky and Rocky IV
• Trop C’est Trop - Extra Musica
• Don’t Tread on Me – Metallica
• Sweet Home Alabama - Lynryd Skynyrd
• Red Alert – Basement Jaxx
• It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
• Art De Rue – Fonky Family
• Empire du Côté Obscur – IAM
• Etat Majeur – Extra Musica
• Highway to Hell – AC/DC
• Sandstorm - Darude

My left knee was hurting at various points during yesterday’s run but I’m sure it will get better as the weather gets warmer and I continue to do my morning squats with the 20kg bar bell.

I’m hoping it’s not going to rain tonight otherwise I’ll have to don my waterproof hi-vis jacket which makes me look like an arse…

No comments:

Post a Comment