Wednesday 16 February 2011

16/02/2011

I ran a quick 5km last night, the quickest of the year so far, 25:20 which I was quite pleased with and I wasn’t knackered at the end. When I went out it was windy and raining and horrible so I wasn’t expecting a good time but was very pleased to get one. I’ll do 10km tonight and see how that goes.
There was hardly any knee pain last night either and I’m sure the resumption of morning weights is helping, particularly the squats with the bar bell.

There were quite a few groups of runners out last night, obviously from a club. I don’t think I would like running with other people, although running with faster people always improves ones times as proven by racing, however for me running is a solitary occupation. It is my time to clear all the work crap from my mind and think things through, blowing out the cobwebs after a day sat behind a desk is usually just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment