Friday 1 April 2011

01/04/2011

It’s a mark of how far I’ve come that last night I was slightly disappointed that I ran 10km in 47:08! I think I’d have gone a bit faster if there hadn’t been any wind. I’ve found out that the Woburn Abbey 10k, scene of my PB, has been moved to June from October so I think I’ll target that as an opportunity to beat 44:41. I felt good after the run and although I do ache a bit today I’m getting used to it now.

I have now been training for two months and last months stats look like this:

Training sessions: 22
Total Km run: 236
Abington Park Km: 104.5
Racecourse Km: 77.8
Gym Km: 38.7
Races: Knowle Park 10km (47:05)
Calories burnt: 18772
Longest run: 25.2 km

Overall I upped the mileage quite a lot last month in comparison to the one before, (147km in Feb) and I feel good.

I’m having a complete day off today, not even the weights and press ups in the morning, tomorrow I think a gentle 11km and then wait and see how far I can run on Sunday. I’m hoping to increase from last week’s 25.2km to 33 which is only another three laps of the park, easy! I’m going to give carb loading a try on Saturday night, a few baked potatoes and some roast chicken is the way forward I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment