Monday 4 April 2011

04/04/11

I’m aching a wee bit today as I did manage 33km or 20.5 miles yesterday afternoon! It took me 3:03:20 which is bang on for a sub four hour marathon, so naturally I’m really pleased. I was pretty tired at the end but I’m sure I could have pushed on for the final five and a half miles in an actual race. Needless to say that is the longest run I’ve ever done and coincidentally is almost exactly the distance from my house to work. Today my thighs hurt and so does my left knee but I’m really not in too bad a shape considering the strain I put my body through yesterday.

In a bid to prepare spent most of Saturday eating and had two rounds of toast with peanut butter for breakfast on Sunday morning. That all seemed to work so I think Sarah’s amazing mushroom risotto will be providing the necessary calories the day before the marathon.

I was planning to send the emails to everyone asking them for money yesterday but by the time I had got back from running, showered etc and then made a huge pot of curry it was too late and I was too tired. I’ll try and do it at some point this week, after all it is now only 34 days until ‘M’ day!

I think a recovery run is in order tonight and then definitely the gym tomorrow with a double powerplate session.

No comments:

Post a Comment