Tuesday 3 May 2011

03.0532011

On Saturday I ran 10.3km in 49:35 which is ok considering the route I took involves crossing a number of roads and therefore slowed me down a bit. I decided not to have another long run before the Marathon so I may do 11km tonight and then 5km on alternate days until Sunday when it's M day. A lot of the advice seems to suggest that virtually no running should be done the week of the marathon, however I think that a few gentle 5km to keep the leg muscles warm is definitely the way forward, so I won't time anything but I'll feel better about Sunday if I do them.

April's running stats were as follows:

Training sessions: 18
Total Km run: 214.2
Abington Park Km: 17.5
Racecourse Km: 136.3
Willen Lake Km: 37.5
London Km: 9
Gym Km: 14
Calories burnt: 15907
Longest run 34.1 km

I'm quite pleased with April's performance, it was important that I reigned myself in a bit after pushing it a bit far in March.

Interestingly it turns out that my long run of 33km was actually 34km following the remeasurement of the course this means I actually ran 21 miles which is obviously even better as I would only have had another 4 and a bit to run a complete marathon!

I seriously can't wait for Sunday now!

No comments:

Post a Comment